Dream gallery is an art experience platform, you can see art exhibitions, you can do art works trading, also if you're an artist or art lover, you can explore your opportunity at dream gallery.
Timeline 2 month Role UX , UI , Research
1. How to adapt an offline art gallery into an online art gallery.
2. How to trade artworks while viewing the exhibition on one platform.
3. How to integrate new technologies into online art exhibitions.
1. The survival status of art museums after the epidemic.
2. The living conditions of artists and art workers.
The crisis facing of the art gallery industry
Source from ：
Source from ：https://globalhistorydialogues.org/projects/museum-survival-in-china-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/
According to a survey by the International Council of Museums (ICOM), more than 80% of galleries in 106 countries have reduced their activities due to the Covid-19 pandemic, while 12.8% are likely to close permanently.
After the epidemic outbreak, many art galleries have closed down or faced a bankruptcy crisis. Like many real economies, they cannot get over this crisis. People who love art feel helpless about it.
The people who work in art galleries have lost their jobs; just like a curator, without the art exhibition market, no one hires them. There is no income for them.
Also, some young artists have no one to help them show their works since galleries have been closed; they need some exposure to show more people their artworks.
How can I help the art industry ?
Why do I do this ?
The purpose of showing you this data is It is difficult to run an art gallery. Many art galleries are not profitable, they just want to help more artists display their works, so I think I should find a way to help them.
Philosophers often say, think differently, what benefits have we reaped from this crisis. I don't think only people who can walk in this world have the need to go to art galleries. How about those who are bedridden?
New business model
In the face of the epidemic's impact, traditional industries are also accelerating their transformation and upgrading to create new business models. It is expected that more manufacturing enterprises will embark on digital transformation. At the same time, with the rise of new technologies and industries such as artificial intelligence, big data, 5G, and blockchain, the operational efficiency of enterprises and even the whole society will be significantly improved.
1.Figure out what do people expect from a online art experience platform.
2.Figure out what do they need in the art market.
1. Do you usually buy / trade artwork? If so, In what way?
2. Do you usually like to watch art exhibitions? If so, how often？
3. Are you interested in traditional artwork or digital artwork? If so, what artist / genre?
4. Will you buy artwork online?
5. Will you invest in NFTs? why？
6. Will you consume online art experiences?
After interviewing some users, I came to some insights.
1. Expectations for online art exhibitions: Most users still hope to experience the charm of art without going out and wish to experience art exhibitions through the screen.
2. Trading on digital artworks: As most potential users, art practitioners have affected their careers due to the epidemic. They hope an online platform can provide them with an art trading function.
Google Arts & Culture
Google Arts & Culture has powerful search capabilities to help users quickly and intuitively find artworks.
Educational: facing different age groups.
Playful: develop other games about arts and humanities with lots of content to make you want to spend time on this app.
Does not 3D/Digital Art Exhibition.
Allow users to create their own 3D art gallery
Users can interact with other users while browsing in 3D galleries spaces
Does not provide the function of buying and selling artwork.
Has a large number of artworks and artist resources
Users can buy, sell or auction artwork
Everyone can upload their own artwork resulting in a lot of low quality artwork.
No art exhibition service
Art lovers can enjoy art exhibitions online.
Artists can arrange their solo exhibitions.
Users will have a complete experience from viewing to buying
Users can buy different types of art works.
Online auction available.
Selling artworks & Networking
User can choose sell / show their artworks.
User can gain networking through uploading artwork, they can connect with their favorite artists.
User Flow 1
User Flow 2
User Flow 3
What I would do if I have more time?
Develop the web version